Using a weed eater, there are different processes which require users to implement them in a careful way. In addition, little parts in the machine start to wear out when connected to the grass for many times, especially the plastic strings. To deal with this problem, individuals often make a few taps on the ground to loosen a great amount of string.
However, it is better if you replace this string with a new one. To illustrate, some models of weed eater require users to make use of the string spool. In contrast, others will work more effectively with new string. The best weed eater can operate by choosing one among these two options.
For people who have got in this situation, this article will show you how to deal with this simple problem. Knowing how to replace a string is not a challenging task. Just focus carefully step-by-step then you will have your weed eater function with new strings.
- Remove the string spool – push onto different tabs to unlock all the retaining parts located on the head of your machine. By doing this, users can find one particular spool contained inside the machine.
Obviously, the way of removal methods are different based on the type of your weed eater. Now, you can easily take the spool out of this head.
2. Cut a great amount of string roughly between 17 and 26 feet in term of length. This length depends on the size of your spool. If your spool is shorter than a piece of string, your strings are more likely to winding together. Moreover, create two particular pieces of string which are similar in length.
- Find some small holes on the center of your spool since these holes will be covered when the string are full. Left approximately ½ inch of the string in your hole so that your spool will definitely load those string.
For people who use the best gas weed eater that has 2 different strings, then the spool should be separated by one segment. Therefore, these two parts are more likely to function when your weed eater are in use.
- Twist the string onto the spool, try to follow different arrows showed on your spool. When buying the weed eater, there will be one manual instruction to show users some basic tips, you can search for the direction of these arrows on it. Otherwise, why don’t look up on the internet to find out these information?
After that, wind the piece of string from the left to the right side so as to create a second coating. One benefit for applying this task is that these strings are less likely to mix with each other during the process. And don’t forget to leave approximately 6 inches of the string after finishing.
- Cut back the end piece of your string and place it on the spool’s edges. For people who use the weed eater with two strings, there will be two types of notches on the two sides of your spool. These notches work gradually so that users don’t have to worry about the unwind problems.
- You can loosen the string after sticking it to your spool. For people who are using the models with two different strings, repeat this task with the other one, too.
- Apply the part what has been move out back to your trimmer head again. Users should not forget this task to ensure the safe when using. Otherwise, the head of your weed eater is more likely to fly off during the running process. As a result, it not only damages the exterior things outside your house, but makes surrounding people hurt as well.
This article has showed you the way to restring your weed eater. For some beginners, you will find it hard when functioning for the first time. Just practice day-by-day and it is not a big deal anymore.